Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happy First Day of Spring!

Ok, so today is not so much spring like.  Winter is having one last hurrah.  We've had very little snow this season so I'm ok with the tiny amount that we've had today.


The weather personalities on the news are saying we could get more but I'm not hopeful.  They haven't been right about any of the other snow forecasts.  At least this year my daffodils haven't bloomed.

It must be March Madness but I've been diligently working on my Cozy Strip Blanket.  I don't know if I'm going to have the stripes go horizontal or vertical.  If I choose horizontal I will make it more of a throw size.  If I pick horizontal then it will be more of a bedspread.  I'm not sure if I want a bedspread size.  It's very heavy as it is right now.





I was making this for my son but he has deemed it too colorful.  It is very colorful.  I was making it to use up my stash of acrylic yarns.  I still have a ton of acrylic yarn.

I did discard the dead violet that I had shown in my last post.   I reused the pot and replanted a violet I had in my kitchen.  Maybe it will survive.   



It may be snowing outside but inside it's looking more spring.  Every year the decorations get less and less. I hope the cats leave the pink bunny alone or that will be one less for next year. 


Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Lisa

5 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see how much snow you get. We are predicted to get a foot or more tomorrow. Today it was mostly icy rain/sleet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had more snow this year than any other years I remember. I hope there is no more to come. Crochet blankets can get very heavy but I find a heavy blanket or throw comforting. I would probably opt for the throw size rather than a bedspread. Colours are good for the soul, I am convinced of it. I image a world in khaki and it makes me all sad... have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blanket and my son would snatch it up because of it being colorful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about color so I love your cozy blanket. Seems my Albany boy missed out on the snow this time around. He's happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's a super crochet project, I love colour xx I am waiting very patiently for spring xx

    ReplyDelete