Wednesday, June 14, 2017

normal life shall resume

Oh the end of the school year, it's always a crazy time.  This year was filled with banquets, award ceremonies, senior prom and then all the activities for graduation.  I'm not saying they weren't fun but I will admit to being extremely tired.  Ok exhausted is more accurate.

Lindsay, Dan, and I the afternoon of prom.

my graduate!

Lindsay's school is the oldest in our county.  If weather permits the graduation ceremony is held on the front lawn of the school.  The ceremony was at 8am in the morning and it was perfect.  We were finished before the heat of the day.  The front of the school makes for a lovely backdrop for graduation.

Bru has the right idea.
I started some cosmos from seed this spring.  It's nice some of them survived Bru's attempts to un-plant them.  He can be such a rascal.


When I haven't been too brain drained to concentrate I've been working on a summer blanket.  I wanted something to throw on my legs when I get chilled because of the air conditioner.  The pattern is Triangles & Stripes baby blanket from Ravelry.  I adjusted the size to be a little larger.  It's an easy and fast pattern.  Hopefully I'll finish it before cold weather.



Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  The plan is to post more frequently during the summer months.

Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to your daughter. How exciting to be off on a brand new part of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you post again, Lisa. Congrats to your lovely daughter. The high school certainly is a beautiful old building. Where does she plan to go for college? I'm sure missing my boys right now. Lots of craziness in Alexandria VA yesterday with the shooting. Crazy all over the world. I think it is much much better to stay home and crochet. :) Take care, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, I am just sick at what happened in Alexandria this week, so heartbreaking. Lindsay will attend James Madison University this fall. It's in Harrisonburg, VA - about two hours away from home. I'm glad she's not too far but I am still nervous. I know she'll do fine but I worry :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your wonderful daughter. So much to be proud of. Is she planning on college? A year off? Love your summer blanket, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she will start college this fall. She'll be about 2 hours away. I'm purposely not thinking about it just yet. I know once we get in the thick of doing all the preparations I'm going to be so sad.

      Delete
  4. congratulations on the graduation! She looks sweet and cute. 2 hours is definitely doable for a lunch visit if you don't mind the drive and round trip. Plan lots of things to do while she is gone :)

    ReplyDelete