Saturday, October 14, 2017

Winter Link Party 2017

As always I'm late to the party.  I'm happy to join Jennifer with her Winter Link Party.  I hope to finish the Cozy Stripe blanket this winter and to continue to use the abundance of acrylic yarn I have in my stash.


Little progress was made on it during the spring or summer months.  I wasn't sure if I'd even try to finish it.  When I started this blanket I planned on making it for my son.  After having worked on it for awhile I've realized it's just too colorful for him.  He's a much more muted color kind of guy.


Another reason I haven't been so excited about it is it's a very stiff blanket.  I am using a G hook and I'm a very tight crocheter.  I do wish I would have used an H hook but live and learn.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it when it's finished.  I guess first I have to finish it before I should worry about that aspect of the project.

It is nice to see the blanket growing in size.  It has out grown the tote bag on the right and now is  happily housed in the blue chevron one on the left.


I have a thing for tote bags.  I have two knitted and one crochet cowl in the bags by my chair in the family room.  I think I'm always surrounded by projects and animals.


There could be much worse things surrounding me :)

Thanks for stopping by for a visit, Lisa

8 comments:

  1. You might find it a good, hearty travel blanket for picnics and such. Acrylic would wash up right nice.

    I love all those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are beautiful. I like Dee's idea, of using it for picnics, or to curl up on the porch with some tea:) I also like your idea of using totes for all of your projects. I'm a tote collector, and never thought to put them to use this way. Yay, more totes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stripy pattern you're using. It must be satisfying to see it out grow one bag and have to be moved to a bigger one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you posted and joined in. I have all sorts of blankets on the go. My mood changes all the time. H is my go-to hook for most projects. The yarn here is pretty thin so nothing every comes out stiff, especially since I'm a loose crocheter anyways. The colors are great in your blanket and I'm sure will be put to good use with colder temperatures where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess, I have lots of tote bags too. nothing wrong with that. your blanket is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa, thanks for joining in with my link party. I'm sorry not to visit sooner, I've been sick. Your blanket is looking really good. I love all the bright colors, and what a great way to finish up yarn. I have so many tote bags, it's just ridiculous. I always need more. I just got some huge canvas ones on Amazon and now I can carry my typical haul of 457 library books in just one bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am later to the party still.... at least with reading other link up posts! I love the colourful blanket you are making, it is cheerful. I always thought my son was a bit of a mute colour kind of person but he has taken garishly colourful crochet blanket of mine and loves it a lot! I don't have a single tote bag... yet. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket looks lovely, bright and cheerful. I made a 'one skein chevron shawl' from Jennifer's blog. I realised half way through that a larger crochet hook would have been better. It would've been better with a loose and lacy look.
    I had to decide to continue with the smaller hook size or unpick it and start again. I chose to continue and alter it into a cowl, the firmer tighter crochet will be better as a cowl.
    I hope you finish it soon and love it, I think that's what's key in our enjoyment of projects. If we love them, we enjoy them more. All the best, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete