Sunday, July 22, 2018

coffee mugs, bird people and a blanket

We have about one month of summer vacation left before school starts.  I've been thinking about what things I'd like to accomplish before we are back in school and work mode.  After last summer's big purge of excess clutter I've spent this summer trying to organize what we do have.  I saw Kay (The Crazy Sock Lady podcast) post an Instagram photo of her Ikea hanging rack holding her Starbucks mugs.  I have a collection of Starbucks mugs and an Ikea not too far away from us.  I'm so happy to have seen her picture.  I really like how our mugs are now arranged.  What you are seeing is our overflow mugs. The kitchen cabinet is full of all our other ones.  Yes, I know it's a lot of mugs, but we like them and we use them.



Besides Starbucks mugs I also like pottery mugs.  I've bought a few from craft shows or thrift stores.  I don't frequent the thrift stores as much as I once did.  After the massive purge I have been very selective as to what comes home with me.  That being said when I came across the bird man and women cup I knew it had found a home, mine!  The bird people are so bizarre, my family says that's an understatement.  The one bird looks oddly like Patrick Stewart.  There are no markings on the bottom so I have no idea as to the artist.  I would love to know who created this little gem and how it ended up in the thrift store.  The price for this little treasure was only $3.00, what a steal!  It will now be used to hold my crochet hooks.









 

I have been obsessively crocheting the Cozy Stripe Blanket.  The only time I work on any other projects is crocheting or knitting during longer car rides or knit night at the local sewing store. If I'm sitting down to watch Youtube or TV then I'm crocheting on this blanket. 




Sometimes I have a furry obstacle to work around.  All the animals enjoy is blanket.  They're just ready for me to be finished with it.


Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! It IS Patrick Stewart!!! (Or possibly a poor rendition of Robin Williams.)

    Giroux likes my scrappy blanket too!!! Kitty bum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats do know the best places to put their bums! Avi knows I usually won’t move her.

      Delete
  2. I love the mug corner! I have so many mugs and keep buying more because I love them so. I have a rotation of favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do the same thing. It’s fun to decide which mug to use in the morning.

      Delete