Wednesday, August 9, 2017

August happenings

I probably have said this many times before but it seems time is racing by.  This summer feels like I've been running a never ending marathon.  It's been a good marathon but there are still so many things I want to do.

For brief moments the upstairs bedroom looked like a normal functioning guest room.  It didn't stay like this very long.  We are in the process of painting my son's room.  It's now holding things that have been moved from his room to make painting easier.


Picking the right paint color is never easy.  Our laundry room is the testing area.  It's fun to see what colors were used and which ones were just wrong.  One day our rainbow room will be all one color.  


This patch of sun is great for a nap but napping cats are not helpful for painting a bedroom.  I promise there are plenty of other sunny patches through out our house for a good nap.  Of course those sunny spots would not be as interesting as this one.



The hallway is being used as storage for all the college dorm stuff.  This pile is only half the items my daughter will be taking with her.  I'm trying not to think about how quickly her move in date is approaching.


Between shuffling junk and painting I finished my summer blanket.  I love it!  It is the perfect size and weight for when the air conditioning blows cool and I get a chill.  I'm still working on the Cozy Stripe blanket.  It is definitely a long term project.


We've been playing board and card games this summer.  One of our new favorites is Rummikub.  I really like this game.  It's easy but makes you think and is rather addictive.


Bru is convinces the tiles are chew toys. He tries to get as close as possible to steal one or two.


True confession and full disclosure - One reason the upstairs bedroom looked so tidy was I moved the junk from it down to the basement bedroom. This is now the sorting area.  We have a charity pick up scheduled.  I hope to have most of this stuff out and waiting to me hauled away.


Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Lisa

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy, busy, busy ..... isn't it funny how cats always want to be where the actio is.

    As I write this, Giroux is sleeping between the two computers on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow , you are busy! We painted the first level of the house two years ago before the wedding and that was a huge job. I'm done for now :)

    ReplyDelete