Monday, January 8, 2018

The big chill

I am so cold!  All I want to do is sit by the fireplace and knit.  The cats are very happy with this arrangement.



When the cats aren't snuggling on me they like to sit on the heating vent.  We call them heater huggers.  Sometimes they nap there as well.  Honestly who can blame them?




I really haven't moved far from my crafting spot in the family room.  I had to start over twice on my scarf but I've finally finished the first color.  If I mess up now I'll need to search YouTube to help fix it.  Hopefully I won't mess up! 




Sunday I did venture out to take my son to his basketball game.  I brought my crochet to work on during the game.  Having something to do with my hands keeps me calm.  The scoring in basketball can go back and forth so much I find it very stressful. 




I didn't make any big New Year's resolutions or lists this year.  The things I'd like to do are much the same as what I've had in the past.  Continue to de-clutter no longer needed items, scan old photos and kids artwork, and be better at budgeting are all things I want to keep working on for 2018.  The de-cluttering is never ending.  We had one last end of year gathering of items on December 30.  It will be interesting to see how our taxes change from a donation stand point between 2017 and 2018.  There is still lots in this house that has to go!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Lisa


6 comments:

  1. Your two kitties are adorable. Are they litter mates?

    Giroux lays beside the heater vent and his floofy tummy hair blows with the breeze. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one do not like to be cold so would be a heater hugger, too. I so need to declutter around here. The trunk of my car is full of clothes that I want to donate but finding a place to take them to is proving difficult at the moment. Not sure what I'm going to do with everything else that needs to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be sitting on that vent too if I could. Love the color of the scarf. Hope you stay warm. Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for my active kitten to SIT. One day right? your cats are cuties and I love that they both like to be by you. My resolutions are easy and doable so I'm comfortable with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your 2 cats, they are so good sitting on your lap. Unfortunately my cat QT (17) won't. He won't even try, I'm most disappointed. Many years ago in another house, we had a cat that would lie along the heating vent. This one was attached to the wall. Keep warm, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - you get money back from your taxes for donating things to op / charity shops? No such thing down under, otherwise I'd be quite a bit richer!

    ReplyDelete