Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10th, already??

April is rolling along so quickly.  I feel like it was just the first day of the month.  I'm sure I'm not the only one to have these feelings of time flying by too fast.  I don't over schedule us but we are always in constant motion, and there's always something to do.  The older I get the more I enjoy staying at home. My favorite weekends are the ones where I only leave the house to walk the dog or maybe go out to dinner. A quick trip to the craft store is fun too.

March was National Crochet month.  I tried to crochet every day of the month.  The aim was to make as many granny squares as possible.  I've set a goal of having all the rows for the blanket complete by the end of April.  I don't know if this was good or a bad but I counted how many more squares I need to make.  The number isn't terrible.  It's sixty.  So far I have twenty two made.

My stack of squares

Plotting and planning the arrangement of the squares
The first photo shows a sneak peek of my other project.  I've been trying to knit!  It feels so foreign and awkward.  The books are ones I've picked up over the years.  Between them and Youtube, I managed to start a few rows.  I'm thinking a knitting class might be a big help.  It is fun and I have big plans of all the pretty things I'd like to make.



I do have a wee bit of not so great news.  My Stanley/Sting the bunny had a run-in with our dog Bru. Sting was rescued before too much damage was done.  The head is a touch more wobbly and he can't see anything, but luckily, he can be repaired.  It was my fault for leaving him in reach of mighty mouth.  I still can't help being slightly peeved.



naughty dog!

I'm off to make a list of all the good things I'd like to accomplish this week.  Sometimes I make wonderful lists and then nothing ever comes of them. Let's hope this is not one of those times, because there's so many things to do.  I'd like to re-list and add new things to Craig's List.  I've sold a few things, but have many more I want gone.  I cleaned the pantry today but I didn't look at the spice rack.  We have some very old ones I'm sure need to go, YUCK!  I desperately need to clear out my email.  There is something to be do, always!

Have a lovely week and thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Lisa




6 comments:

  1. Oh it's so good to read that someone else is reconsidering how busy they make themselves. Steve and I have been talking about it today. We definitely need to just SLOW DOWN!!!!

    The granny squares look great and sixty really isn't too many. You'll have the knocked out in no time.

    Glad Stanley can be repaired. He'll be in the pink right soon, I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Poor bunny. Yes, there's always something that needs doing. My lists never result in much as I'm always distracted by other things I'd like to do. Time is definitely flying! Good luck with knitting. I tried twice but just couldn't the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic article goods from you.
    _______
    Fashions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your squares are beautiful and bountiful. Good wishes on getting all the rest done this month. The blanket you make from them will be awesome. And poor little Sting. He doesn't look too much the worse for wear, but he'll be much cuter once you get him put back together. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - your squares are beautiful and bountiful. Good wishes on getting all the rest done this month. The blanket you make from them will be awesome. And poor little Sting. He doesn't look too much the worse for wear, but he'll be much cuter once you get him put back together. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blanket progress! you are quite speedy in your square making. I can't believe we are in the second week of april....where does time go??

    ReplyDelete