Sunday, October 16, 2016

We all know about good intentions

I had an adjusted work week and ended the week with being off Thursday and Friday.  I had such good intentions for those four consecutive days off.  My plan was to have Thursday as my do what I want day and work on my crafts.  Of course I had plans to finish ALL of my current projects.  Then the other days would be equally as productive with things around the house.  I would get tons accomplished.  I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Once finished with ALL my current craft projects on Thursday I would then cook a homemade dinner, tidy up, read and go to bed.  After a wonderful night's sleep I would then rid my house of ALL unwanted clutter, weed the flower beds, wash and fold ALL laundry, do every last item on my to-do list, and cook another homemade dinner. Then on Sunday I would run errands, get groceries, make some homemade chocolate chip cookies, and cook yet another amazing home cooked meal.  Well all I have done is successfully paved that road to Hell with my good intentions.




Our kitchen as of Sunday morning.   It is obviously NOT de-cluttered.  Yes, that is a jar of chocolate pecan turtle in front of the box of Cap'N Crunch.  We are messy and we eat sugar!


I still haven't put away all the little piles of things in the dining room.  Some days I feel like the queen of the piles.  I know none of this is extremely terrible.  I just prefer a more tidy home.  That being said I made very little attempt to change my surrounding.  And for the record, only one load of laundry was washed.  I did not take any picture of those piles because after all that would be airing my dirty laundry.  I'll show you my messy kitchen but I draw the line at somethings.


Not much may have been accomplished over the past four day but I did take a nice nap on Saturday. I also spent some of my time working on the Cozy Stripe blanket.  Although I didn't manage to finish this Crafting Thursday I have made progress.  I have run into one of the hazards of using up yarn from the stash - not enough on the skein.  No need to worry, my stash is rather substantial.  I had another skein that was close enough to match.

I hope your weekend was productive!  Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

Lisa








8 comments:

  1. About as productive as yours. LOL The laundry is half done. The sock is less than half done and I have a ton of plans in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous your laundry is half done. In my book that's a huge accomplishment. I'm not setting any goals for tomorrow, that way anything that gets done will be a positive.

      Delete
  2. I always have the grandest of intentions but quite often don't follow through. In fact, where crochet is concerned, I've not done much in the past few days. And since quitting work a year and a half ago, I've not decluttered, purged or organized much at all. Sometimes when we get an extra few days, it's best just to slow down and relax. Love those little pumpkins. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to know I'm not alone. I know I do better with small goals but sometimes those grand plans fill my head. I do enjoy my relaxation time. I think some of my lack of motivation to get things done is knowing none of it is time pressing.

      Delete
  3. lol.. we thought the same every time a long weekend rolled around that we would finally catch up on all the things we need to do..
    now we're happy if we manage to do two maybe three things if we're lucky every weekend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one that has such big plans for long weekends. I do think from now on I'm going to stick with a much smaller to-do list. That way doing a few things will seem like such an accomplishment.

      Delete
  4. oh those pumpkins!!! love them :) I am still tackling all my to dos after a busy trip away from home. It's never ending....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if ticking things off the to-do list came as easy as sitting and crocheting.

      Delete