Thursday, October 6, 2016

Winter Project Link Party

I am joining in with Jennifer at her Winter Project Link Party.  Since the granny square blanket is finished I thought it would be nice to have a blanket to crochet during the colder months.  I've had it in my mind I would make a Spice of Life Blanket.  That is such a pretty pattern.  I printed the pattern but for some reason I hesitated starting it.  I did a ravelry search of crochet blankets and saw the Cozy Stripe Blanket from the blog Attic24.  I am hoping to make this blanket for my son and the Cozy Stripe seemed more of his style.  I would also like to use up as much stash yarn as I can with this project. That being said I'm already thinking I might need to purchase and eggplant purple color skein of yarn.  I am really going to try and NOT buy any other yarns for this project.



I have been putting out a few Halloween/Fall decorations.  Even though the kids are older they still like to have the house look festive for the different seasons and holidays.


I made this scarecrow a year ago.  The pattern called for a sculpted face.  Being rather lazy mine has a non-sculpted face.  I like him as he is and so far the cats have not bothered him.


My mom made the witch years ago.  She's not such a scary witch.  I do think she is having a bad hair day but I can totally relate to that situation.



My craft corner of the family room has some fall and Halloween flair.  I bought a new fleece throw with autumn leaves and I my Jack-o-lantern project bag has a Halloween project in it.  The big question is will I finish this project before the end of the month???

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Hopefully next post I will be able to share exactly what my Halloween project will be.









3 comments:

  1. The kitties look like they are discussing your newest afghan. I like that teal and brown together. Looks like a great pattern for busting some stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Lucy's blanket patterns a lot, simple but very beautiful. Buying two balls of yarn for a blanket does not seem so extravagant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, thanks for joining in with my link party! I've made many of Lucy's designs and they are always fun and relaxing to work on. I think it's great that you're going to use stash yarns. I'm a great stash enthusiast! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete