Sunday, September 25, 2016

Year of Projects Week 13

I have finished the granny square blanket!!!!  I actually finished almost two weeks ago.  Well, almost finished it.  I still needed to cut the yarn from the skien and sew the ends.  This project has been in the works for so long I think I needed to let it sit and get used to the idea it was complete.


I could not spread the blanket over all of the bed due to the cat.  Avi loves napping in Lindsay's room. It was nice to be able to take the picture in her mostly tidy room.  I cropped the laundry out of the shot. No need to air our dirty laundry here : )


The other project I have been working on is a Squidge.  It's an asymmetrical scarf/shawl pattern from Ravelry.  The pattern is by Glenda Howell.  I'm using one of the Caron Cake Yarns.  I had a tough time getting the pattern started.  It was a little confusing to me.  There is a graph and that was very helpful.  Once I got it started I'm finding is very easy. 








I am really enjoying this yarn.  It is so soft and squishy.  I have two more skeins, one pink and one rainbow.  I do wish I would have bought one more skeins of the rainbow color.  The shawl I would like to make with it calls for more yarn than the one skein.  My Michael's store has already sold out of this yarn.  It was quite the craze!  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Lisa

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blanket! Congrats on finishing it. Seems many are loving that yarn. It's working up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squidge reminds me a little bit of the Hitchhiker scarf that everyone, but me, seems to be making.

    Love how you did the white border on the granny square blanket. Most of the ones I've seen used black. The white is so happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is great. I am sure you are happy to have it completed. Your shawl is pretty and I love the way the color works in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket is great. I am sure you are happy to have it completed. Your shawl is pretty and I love the way the color works in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see you finished the granny blanket. Pretty color yarn. Crochet graphs are very confusing to me ... I need detailed written directions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly gorgeous blanket! Congratulations! Wow! What an accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself for finishing it.
    I love the squidge scarf/shawlette and I'm going to go find the pattern. You might want to try Amazon for more cake yarn and Etsy and Ebay. I know I saw some somewhere. I hope there are written instructs for the Squidge as I have yet to learn how to read charts! LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blanket and the way you photographed it - cat and all. Funny comment about cropping out the dirty laundry. I often take pictures of my blanket on the bed and crop out all the crap on my bedside table. That is one scary place. The shawl is very pretty and I am going to go to my Michaels and see if they have any of that yarn - it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blanket and the way you photographed it - cat and all. Funny comment about cropping out the dirty laundry. I often take pictures of my blanket on the bed and crop out all the crap on my bedside table. That is one scary place. The shawl is very pretty and I am going to go to my Michaels and see if they have any of that yarn - it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blanket is fabulous and the yarn for your scarf is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blanket is fabulous and the yarn for your scarf is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blanket is beautiful, Lisa. I have trouble imagining making something with that many pieces. I dream of doing it, though. :) And I love the Squidge. I love the name and I love that Caron Cake yarn used in it. Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blanket and the heart in the corner. Your Squidge is gorgeous and that wool looks so yummy, cant wait for it to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blanket and the heart in the corner. Your Squidge is gorgeous and that wool looks so yummy, cant wait for it to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your granny squares blanket and the crochet inspector on the bed. The white yarn surrounding rows really makes those brilliant colours 'pop', and it looks just perfect.
    Your Squidge is lovely too, thank you for the pattern link, I have saved it for a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heard about the craze over that yarn but I have never seen it here. Our Michael's store had a fire (while open - police are investigating) so it is still closed. Maybe I'll get some eventually. Isn't it nice to finally finish a big project? It looks nice on the bed and that will be a nice family heirloom!

    ReplyDelete