Thursday, September 1, 2016

It all started with an Instagram picture

At the end of August on what I think was a Thursday evening the family was off doing their own thing.  I was taking full advantage of the last days of summer vacation and happily crocheting and listening to a pod cast.  I typically have my iPhone with me and check Instagram from time to time. I saw Tammy from T's daily treasures post on Instagram a picture of my local sewing and yarn store. I knew from her posts she was traveling but had no idea she would make it to my area.  I couldn't believe she was so close. I hated to ask if she wanted to meet.  I wasn't sure how much time she had and didn't want to encroach on any of her plans.  Of course I was secretly hoping we could meet. She was gracious enough to ask if I'd like to get together for coffee. I was thrilled!  I love reading her blog so the chance to talk with her in person was something I didn't want to miss.


Leesburg has a lovely historic down town area perfect for meeting a friend for coffee and to chat. A little bit of history, the Declaration of Independence was kept in Leesburg after Washington D.C. was burned by the British during the War of 1812.


We met at a quirky little coffee shop-restaurant that was once the town cobbler shop.  It has shoes and boots as decorations giving it a great eclectic feel.  


Talking with Tammy was so fun.  It was interesting to hear how she ended up in Kuwait and how long she has lived there.  I grew up in Arkansas and moved to Virginia when I was 27.  I'm a little in awe of all of her travels.


Of course no meeting of blog friends is complete without exchanging a few gifts.  The above goodies are the lovely things she gave to me.  I can honestly say I feel like I made out like a bandit!

I hope if she is returns to the area again she would be up for another coffee and chat.

4 comments:

  1. I love when I get to meet up with bloggy pals. Looks like you had a GREAT visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great you two got to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisa. So glad we had the opportunity to meet. And now that I'm back home, there's a couple of other bloggers who have informed me they were in close range, too. Darn! I really need to do my research of where folks are before I travel. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun! I'm so glad you got to meet Tammy, Lisa. It has been a treat for me when I have been able to meet fellow bloggers, too.

    ReplyDelete