Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hello back to school time

It's our first week back to school.  This year I am truly sad to see summer come to an end.  It's not that it was a wild and exciting time.  It was a typical summer.  We tried to stay ahead of the To-Do lists. We tried to have fun and to relax.  It's not that I don't want the next season.  The beginning of school, the routine this time of year brings.  I've always loved fall and the cool weather.  The heat of summer has never been what I crave. I wilt and complain when the temperature goes above 78 degrees.  This school year is my daughter's senior year.  I'm trying hard not to think of it as the beginning of the end. I know this will be an exciting time.  I remember that excitement, the possibilities.  When she started kindergarten I worried, will she make friends, will she be okay but I didn't cry.  This year is different. Independence is slowly creeping in on us.  For once I was thankful for a chaotic morning.  The craziness of getting everyone out the door kept the tears away.  I look at the beautiful young lady that stands before me and I still see my sweet chubby cheeked little girl.





However, I'm quite sure this young man will stay my baby forever!  He'll never want to leave his mommy, right?????



Here's to a great school year!










3 comments:

  1. They grow up way too slowly for them and way too quickly for us! Wishing both your "babies" a wonderful school year with many, many sweet memories to sustain you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried buckets on Friday when I had to say goodbye to my youngest boy. Now I'm an emptynester and it just feels so weird. Good luck to your kiddos in the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tammy, big hug to you! I hope things are settling a bit. I hope both boys have great school years and you are able to find a comfortable new daily rhythm.

      Delete