Sunday, August 7, 2016

An almost finish and a tiny finish

I've missed the last two weeks of posting for the Year of Projects.  You would think I would have lots to show for those past two weeks but sadly - no.  I did have some time to crochet on our flight to Seattle, WA.  I worked on the Spring Kisses Infinity scarf.  The pattern called for one skein of Premier Yarns Cotton Fair.  I was so close to being finished but ran out of yarn.  Luckily for me I ordered two skeins.

Look at how close to the end : (



Binxy is waiting for me to turn away.  She will be pawing the loose threads the second I'm not looking and maybe even when I am.  I might keep this as a flat scarf instead of making it into an infinity one.

I need a coaster for my desk at work.  My water bottle ends up with condensation by midday.  Early in the summer I bought a Sugar and Cream variegated yarn in yellow, orange, and white.  I like the summer sunshine look of it.  So I made a quick coaster.




The pattern is the Pretty Flower Coaster by Kristin Canganelli.  It's free from Ravelry.  It works up nice and fast, just what I wanted.  It is a little small but that's okay I don't need a large one for my desk.  After I finished it I decided it wouldn't match my water bottle.  I'm not sure why I care if my water bottle matches my coaster but for some reason I do.  I went back to my stash and found a left over skein of Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby.  I have previously made coasters with this yarn. I also have a finished coaster I could use.  Now I'm not sure if I will use the small coaster in the variegated yarn, use the coaster that will match, or make a new one in the color that will match. Really this is too much thought for a coaster!


not so matchy-matchy 


The finished coaster in the LTC is the Ombre Coaster Pattern.  This pattern is great.  I googled it and found the pattern, not sure if it's on Ravelry.  I think the color for the LTC is confetti.  Enough about coasters!

The plan for this week is work on the granny square blanket and knit the cowl.  I am the world's slowest knitter, maybe the cowl will be finished by next summer.  However I have a reason to finish it.  I bought the loveliest skein of yarn from Amanda Makes Yarn on Etsy.  It is a fingering weight yarn and the color way is Raven.  It is gorgeous!  I am determined I will knit something with it.




My picture does not do this yarn justice.  It is a wonderful shade of deep purply blackish, like a shiny raven in the sun.  She also sent two lovely teas.  I happen to have The Black Raven tea and had to add it to the picture.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit and have a nice week, Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Tea and yarn - perfect combination. Love your coaster - your water bottle looks great on its new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea and yarn - perfect combination. Love your coaster - your water bottle looks great on its new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a dilemma to be in, which one to use, decisions, decisions, decisions. I can't help you choose because I like them both. How about having both on your work-desk so that you will have a place for a visitors cup/bottle, and it will encourage others to stay and chat with you (instead of working).
    The Raven yarn is rather special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I do love your amanda makes yarn :) so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all your fault I went to Amanda Makes Yarn and bought even MORE yarn for my stash. She has some beautiful stuff. Can't wait to see what you make with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chuckled a little over the coaster dilemma. If you want mh opinion, and I just know you do, I would go with the matching at work and keep the other one for use at home. Your new yarn is gorgeous. I could easily see the purple in it. Dont worrh about being a slow knitter......e joy working with your gorgeous yarn while drinking the yummy teas. Dont forget to put a coaster under your teacup lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chuckled a little over the coaster dilemma. If you want mh opinion, and I just know you do, I would go with the matching at work and keep the other one for use at home. Your new yarn is gorgeous. I could easily see the purple in it. Dont worrh about being a slow knitter......e joy working with your gorgeous yarn while drinking the yummy teas. Dont forget to put a coaster under your teacup lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think BOTH of the coasters look good with your water bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scarf is great and both coasters are gorgeous, I love them - I think I would match at work, then non match at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scarf is great and both coasters are gorgeous, I love them - I think I would match at work, then non match at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dilemma about the coaster made me laugh. That yarn you bought for the cowl is amazing. I can't wait to see how it works up.

    ReplyDelete