Thursday, August 4, 2016

Vacation 2016

I have always liked the phrase "Fall off the face of the earth" and it seems that is what I have done these past couple of weeks.  My mother-in-law was here for a visit, then there was work, add in painting a bedroom, plus hauling junk from bedroom to Charity shop, a massive headache, and finally a vacation.

I do sometimes wonder if all the pre-vacation preparations is really worth the trip.  So many things to put in order and I always feel I must leave a neat and tidy house.  But once I'm on that airplane all stress is forgotten.  This trip began with an almost five hour flight.  For me it was time to crochet, read, or sleep.  A good way to start a vacation.

Our destination - Seattle, WA.  What an amazing city!  I loved the Space Needle.  I know it's not the tallest building but the design is so iconic.  Seeing the city from this vantage point was breathtaking. Then we took one of the shortest monorail rides to Pike Place Market.  It is very overwhelming, lots and lots to see but worth the sensory overload.  The next day we drove to Mt. Rainier and did one of the very easy trails in the park.  The views were stunning!










  This ranger could scare away a sasquatch!



After our stay in Seattle we headed to Portland, OR for the next part of our trip.

I've been playing with a photo editing App and this post has taken way too long!  I will post some of our Portland pictures in my next post.  If these have been too boring I'll try to jazz it up with some of the weird things we saw in that city.  All I can say is people are interesting creatures!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Lisa























2 comments:

  1. Love that perspective of the Space Needle. Can't wait to see Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great trip!! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete