Sunday, July 17, 2016

A tiny bit of stitching progress

I've made a little headway on projects this week.  I finished my boomerang scarf.  It is a free pattern from Ravelry.  It has been my take along project.  The one I work on for waiting rooms and car rides. I do like this pattern and will make another.  It's a very nice asymmetrical scarf/shawl.  I used three skeins of Caron Ombre, color Stormy Weather.  For the next take along project I started a Spring Kisses Infinity scarf.  It's a pay for pattern on Ravelry or free on her blog.  It is only $1.50.  I did the pay for it method.  I wanted to be able to print a copy to stash in my bag.  The yarn I'm using is Premier Yarns, Cotton Fair, color Plum.  I also finished three more granny squares and only need three more for the blanket.




I made a trip to the yarn store and I'm so happy I did.  The lovely shop keeper helped ease my mind that the cowl will be big enough to fit over my head.  She also helped me change needles and go up a size.  I am still knitting tight.  The larger size should give me a little wiggle room.  She also had me change needles from bamboo to acrylic.  For this project I am liking the acrylic needles.  They are very smooth.



It's nice to have a few things to show for this week's Year of Projects post.  I was terribly afraid I would have nothing.   The beginning of the week got off to a rocky start when we headed down the rabbit hole of cleaning out my teenage daughter's room.  Pack Rat doesn't describe the mess sufficiently.  We had six bags and at least three boxes full of paper to recycle.  I've carried countless things to the Charity Shop.  She's a saver and has a knack for stuffing things into every possible bag, box, corner, or crevasse.  She has been a willing participant in the work.  We've even managed to laugh at some of the items that have been discovered.  I do think she will be glad to have a less stuffed room.  We are not finished but I do see an end in sight.



Avi is none too concerned at the amount of stuff.  She was able to find a nice place to nap right in the middle of it.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and have a lovely week.

Lisa



























22 comments:

  1. Those acrylic needles are BEAUTIFUL!

    I had to laugh about your daughter's room. We helped our son pack up his apt. in Florida before his move to VA. OMGosh ....what a load of JUNK he had accumulated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Boomerang scarf looks so squishy soft! And lol at Avi stretched out sleeping in the middle of all the stuff. I will say... it does look like nice stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the boomerang scarf. The yarn fir your cowl is pretty. I think any of us with children have gone through the room cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the boomerang scarf. The yarn fir your cowl is pretty. I think any of us with children have gone through the room cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects to show us this week, and lots of progress made too. Love your new acrylic needles.
    Avi is definitely unconcerned about the sort-out going on, lol. Just loving the company I should think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the boomerang scarf, Avi looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the boomerang scarf, Avi looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Boomerang scarf is beautiful! That is so great your local store is so helpful!!! Oh teenagers, they can be so messy. I dread to see how messy my twin boys are as teenagers. Getting them to pick up now is hard enough lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I was thinking that you found a cat among all your daughter's stuff!! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am probably a grown up version of your daughter or the result of being raised by parents that went through the Great Depression....either way I am also "clearing out". I love your finished scarf and also the yarn you're using for your cowl is gorgeous! I am presently looking for a yarn similar to that for a shawl but everything I see is like $27 and I need 2 skeins....I think I'll go look at Knit Picks...they're usually pretty reasonable in price. I wish I had a LYS but not here. I can't wait to see your granny square when it's finished. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the scarf - the yarn is turning out beautifully. And the cowl looks to be coming along a treat now - well done for sticking with it and getting advice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the scarf - the yarn is turning out beautifully. And the cowl looks to be coming along a treat now - well done for sticking with it and getting advice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the boomerang. And the cat in the middle of the 'stuff' made me laugh. Thanks for a cheery start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the boomerang. And the cat in the middle of the 'stuff' made me laugh. Thanks for a cheery start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I have all that to come with teenagers and messy rooms lol. My eldest is 8. Great productive week in my opinion. I love the new infinity scarf you have started and it will be good to see your colour way choice knits up. Excited to see your crochet blanket one done and your finished project for the scarf/ shawl looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I have all that to come with teenagers and messy rooms lol. My eldest is 8. Great productive week in my opinion. I love the new infinity scarf you have started and it will be good to see your colour way choice knits up. Excited to see your crochet blanket one done and your finished project for the scarf/ shawl looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The boomerang shawl is nice. I like how it's a neutral and will go with anything in your wardrobe. I like your granny squares.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the look of your boomerang shawl and I'm so glad you are happier with your cowl now and it's amazing how the different materials will give a different gauge and feel to a project.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the shawl, and that looks like my daughters room when we were cleaning it out to move. we are still living in a camper while out house is being built so she is still trying to keep everything but not as much space to do it in.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your shawl is beautiful! I just love those grays you used. The yarn you are using for your cowl is so pretty! I love all the different colors in it. I'm glad you have someone helping you find the right needles and things. That must be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty shawl! I am very partial to asymmetrical shawls too! Your new cowl will be so pretty in that color-and I have to add that I cannot knit on bamboo needles as I find my projects don't slide nicely as I knit. I do have a new pair of Addi Olive Wood needles that I am going to try using on my new sweater project---your acrylic needles are so pretty! Well done this week--not only with your fiber projects but also the teen daughter project!
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete