Thursday, November 10, 2016

November Winter Project Link Party

I'm linking up with Jennifer for the Winter Project Party.  I've made a bit of progress on the Cozy Stripe Blanket.  I would make more progress if I'd stop staring aimlessly at the television.  I'm still proud of what I've accomplished even if I'm already feeling like this may go past winter.



I think this photo has hit an all time low for crumminess.  It really is hard to believe I have a degree in art and my major field was photography!  Arrrgghhh, I'm sure my former teacher would be appalled.  I seem to think about the photography aspect after the fact.  I was in Walmart today and saw a gift set of Calgon.  Anyone else remember those ads "Calgon Take Me Away.?"  I know I'm showing my age with that trip down memory lane.  After I left the store it hit me I should have taken a picture of it then I could have used it as a clever picture for my post election discussion.  Speaking of politics, the election did not go as I would have hoped.  That being said, I know for as strongly as I feel about my position those on the other side feel equally as strong about theirs.  We won't change each others minds.  May kindness and compassion on both sides be what leads us.  I am so happy for the opportunity to vote.  It is such a privilege.




Tomorrow is Veterans Day.  I'd like to say Thank You to everyone who has served this great country. Without your sacrifice we would not have the amazing country to call home.  Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. When I was a kid there was ALWAYS a box of Calgon on the side of the tub. My mom claimed it made the tub easier to clean. I guess softening the water keeps the scum from sticking to the sides. I just liked the fragrance.

    You blanket is so pretty. Those are happy stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. I have chuckled to myself all day about the Calgon. I should have known Walmart would still have it. Next time I'm there I'm going to see if I find any cans of Aqua Net!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm very disappointed too about the US presidential election result. I hope your country can heal and move forward and yes, may kindness and compassion lead everyone...I like the colours you're using for your stripy blanket and I'd love to have that bag - its great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marion, I do hope we can heal. I am trying so hard to stay positive but it is hard. I have stopped watching the news. I just can't take it right now. I'm wondering if it will be possible to not watch it for the next four years! I miss you blogging. It is nice to see your pictures on Instagram. Hope you and your family are well. Lisa

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa, thanks for joining in with my link party! I think your blanket is looking really nice so far. I remember the Calgon ads. I loved the Palmolive ads when I was a kid - "Madge, I soaked in it!" Actually, I have a box of Calgon water softening agent in my garage, I bought it because I have really hard water at my house and I was getting spots in my laundry when I was still using liquid fabric softener. I tried about a hundred remedies I found on the internet, including using the Calgon softener in my laundry. Nothing worked and in the end, I switched the dryer sheets and the problem totally ended. LOL. Still have that Calgon out in the garage, though. I should donate it or find a use for it already. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how those old commercials stuck with us. I guess they did their job! Now I'll probably be singing the Oscar Mayer jingle all night. Oh the useless stuff that gets trapped if my head : )

      Delete
  4. I quite like your photo, not crummy at all. I also love the nascent blanket, the colours are just what I would choose. We had a really 'funny' Calgon advert in Switzerland, where I grew up. I didn't know it was such a well known product.

    ReplyDelete