Saturday, December 17, 2016

Counting down the days


As with most things in my life I started this post but wasn't able to complete it in one sitting or even on the same day.  The pictures show a sunny day.  Today however is again grey and as of right now icy outside.  The forecast calls for the temperature to warm up as the day progresses.  I do hope that is the case.  I'd love to make a trip to Barnes and Noble. I so love browsing a bookstore.

When the kids were little they would take turns moving the gold candy cane to count down each day till christmas.  Now that they are older I'm the one that moves the candy cane each day.  I find it rather stressful.  It's like an "in your face" reminder of how little time you have to do an enormous amount of stuff!  At least Santa is cute to look at as we tick off those days.



The amaryllis is also helping me mark the passing of each day.  It continues to lean but the blooms are lovely.


I finished the Squidge Shawl. (pattern can be found on ravelry)  It has been wrapped up in pretty Christmas paper and sent to its intended recipient.  It's nice to have a finished project.  I've been in a crocheting lull.


It's not all lists and things to do, Dan and I had lunch at a local pizza parlor on Thursday. Their decorations were so pretty.  I love paper snow flakes.


After lunch we ran a few errands.  I should have brought home two boxes from Costco.  The cats have been taking turns sleeping in this one.  Avi is on the floor waiting patiently for her turn.


I guess it doesn't matter the size of a dog.  They all think they will fit on your lap.  Bru is about five pounds over the comfortable lap dog size but we try to make it work.



Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  I'm off to hopefully get a few more items checked off the     To-Do list.

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than a LAP pup, even if they are a bit over lap size.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Happy crocheting!

    P.S. I've tried to reply to your comments on my blog, but my emails bounce back saying your box is full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, I'll look at what email I have listed on my account. I know I get notifications when you leave a comment on my blog. I'll also ask tech support (husband or kids.) I'm sure they can help me.

      Delete
  2. Lisa, those calendars made me so stressed when my boys were little. Trying to remember whose turn it was, yikes it was a disaster every year. I wish I could fit my Max on my lap, he is 90 pounds but I still remember when he was a puppy and he would fall asleep on my lap, it was precious.

    ReplyDelete