Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Grey Tuesday


I'm glad to have a sparkling tree to help brighten a grey, rainy day.  I'm not complaining, the rain is much needed.  It does make the craving for a nap so much more intense.


My Amaryllis has a lean to it.  I turn it daily to try to help it stand tall.  I'm not too worried about it. There are days I have a little lean to my stand too.  The tiny tree finally has some adornments.  I crocheted beads on thread to make the garland.  I like the simplicity of it.  So far the cats have not bothered it.  We still have the rest of the month to see what happens.


The ping pong table has become Santa's workshop.  I need to make a visit to the post office for mailing boxes.  Those "If it fits, It ships" boxes are very handy.  It would be nice to have the gifts I will send to family in Arkansas ready to mail this weekend.


A much needed cup of coffee this afternoon to help power through the chore list.  The festive mug makes me smile as I check off items from the To Do list.  I do think the mug needs a holiday coaster to go with it. A nice cheerful red would be be very pretty.



I hope you are having a wonderful week.  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Your trees are beautiful. That little one would be perfect for our apartment. I'll have to see if I can find one.

    Yes ......mugs need a festive mug mat!!! Love the little gingerman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the small tree from a craft store that has since closed. It was a Ben Franklin. It was a local family that owned the Leesburg store. It didn't survive the financial crisis. I miss it.

      Delete
  2. Your amaryllis reminds me that my little avocado plant just won't seem to do very much. It keeps getting a long stalk and I keep turning the pot as it reaches for the sun, but the little leaves just don't grow very big. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I keep trying. Think I'll go look for a few Christmas decorations that I know are in a box on top of a cupboard in my bedroom. A little red coaster will be perfect for your Christmas mug. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas tree is lovely and the little one next to your amaryllis is sweet. We've had lot of grey days too, and yes, napping is always a temptation especially when it's very cold. I hope the rest of your week is sunnier and warmer. A crocheted square or round coaster will be really well with your mug. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your getting-ready-for-Christmas pictures make me want to jump on the getting-ready wagon. After decorating I sort of pooped out. I have a lone small tree sitting out begging for me to do something with it. I think it's a tad too big for a sweet garland like you made, but you've got my wheels turning at least. Something simple... And your Amaryllis plant makes me wish I'd planted one. It's been years since I've done a potted plant for the holidays. I used to do things like this with/for the kids, but I find it's too easy to forgo sweet touches like this for oneself. I need to change that! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit I am leaning a bit myself today. Maybe if I turn to the sun I can straighten out?
    HUgs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete