Thursday, December 29, 2016

The week in between


Christmas morning was all smiles and a little bedhead.  The anticipation may be a little less than when they were small but it was still a fun morning.


I always love seeing pictures of the aftermath or the unwrapping.  I think Santa managed to find most everything on the wish lists.  


Santa even remembered to bring Bru a little something.  I was sure he was on the naughty list for barking excessively and pestering the cats.  Santa must have forgotten those infractions.


Dan and I walk Bru most every night.  These past few nights have been especially fun as we've been doing a bit of Christmas blow-up character safari.  Our neighborhood has done a great job of getting into the festive spirit.  I do think there is a slightly quirky vibe going on with some of the homes.


No, Santa is not being burned at the stake.  This is jet-pack Santa.  I guess he got tired of the slow reindeer.

Spider-man looks like he's sitting in a meditation pose on top of the chimney.  It's a shame he forgot his santa hat.


The skeletons holding Santa's bag is one of the more odd displays.  It's nice to see the Halloween decorations getting a second life.  I'm all about using what you have around the house.


Of course, what is Christmas with out Santa Yoda.  There was a Darth Vader but his photo didn't turn out so well.  He was hiding on the dark side - he he he.


My sister gave me this awesome mug for Christmas.  Being from Arkansas the Boggy Creek monster will always have a special place in my heart.


This is just a random funny picture of Binxy.  This cat will contort her skinny little body into most anyplace it will fit.  Baskets and boxes are one of her favorite places to sleep.


The cats decided they have had enough of the amaryllis.  This mishap took place the day after Christmas. Honestly I'm surprised it lasted so long.  

I am off to work on my list of New Year's goals and plans.  I always have so many things I want to try and do.  I'll also be watching the Razorbacks play in the Belk Bowl.  It's Virginia Tech vs. Arkansas.  I do love Virginia but I can't help but hope the Hogs win.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and Woo Pig Sooie!


6 comments:

  1. I hear that Santa is VERY forgiving of our pets' transgressions. Otherwise, poor Giroux would be sitting in a corner EVERY evening to make up for SOMETHING!!!

    Binx looks so CUTE in that teeny tiny basket.

    Wishing you and yours a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing our animals have such cute faces. That fact has saved mine more than once. I hope you have a very Happy New Year.

      Delete
  2. Oopsie little amaryllis. :/ We have bamboo in the bathroom that was growing beautifully but getting too big for the space so I TRIED to move it to the living room ... but some bad kitty decided to start nibbling on it. So back to the bathroom it went. Caught her in their one time still trying to munch on it, but hopefully she won't go back. Binxy is so funny. Jingles is trying to take over my loveseat. She has to be forced to move over and make room for me. Your comments on my blog ... especially about jogging, made me laugh. When I tried to run two days ago, I felt like my knees were rusty and locked tight. Ugh! I really need to limber up, that's for sure. Fun Christmas decorations. I'm ready to start putting all my stuff away and work on organizing and purging. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have some odd Christmas displays on your neighbourhood. The Spider-Man one looks like he's sitting on a big square cushion. Nothing Christmassy about him except for the chimney, but I guess kids love it. Also the skeletons - that might be a bit scary for smaller children but I'm sure that's a hit with teenagers. Sorry about your amaryllis - naughty cats! Hope your other house plants fare better. And I'm glad to hear that everyone got most things on their Christmas wish list. Have a happy New Year. Enjoy your celebrations and the concert! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas sounds wonderful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete