Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Snow days and stitch markers

We finally have had a small amount of snow, enough to close the schools for two days.  Maybe about five inches, two of which was sleet.  I can't believe we are having our winter weather the week before spring officially begins, oh well, such is the weather.


Avi is a very fluffy cat but that doesn't stop her from sitting on the heating vent.  I love to feel her toes when she does this, they are so toasty and warm.

I started making a crochet R2D2 in December.  I got one leg completed, as with what happens to most of my projects, I put it aside to start working on other things.  Yesterday I decided to work on R2 again. I successfully completed the second leg only to realize I used the wrong hook size.  I am the world's worst at keeping track of what hook size I use for projects.   You would think I would learn but obviously I don't.


I've seen pictures on-line of stitch markers with letters on them to indicate the hook size.  This is something I definitely need.  I decided to try and make them myself.  My husband would tell you this was just an excuse to make a trip to the craft store.




Cute storage containers for my supplies
The leg on the right was made with with the larger hook.  The leg that has my nifty new stitch marker is the correct size.


I put out a few of our Easter decorations.  It's nice to have a few festive things around for the different holidays.  My sister sent the ceramic eggs to me after she cleaned out my old toy box.  The large egg is from 1976 and the pink one is from 1977.  My Mom and Grandma made my sisters and I each some for our Easter baskets when we were young.  In all my getting rid of clutter it is nice to hold onto a few keepsakes.  These make me smile.



Thank you for stopping by for a visit,  Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Cute little egg holder too!!! LOL

    As for the craft store run? Hey we do what we have to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord knows I have high hopes of being organized but it hasn't happened yet. I made booties one time and one came out in a small size while the other was a large. Oops! I have so many projects in the works that I really must make time to finish. So sweet to have the eggs from your mom and grandma. I only put a few things out each holiday now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor R2D2, hope his legs get sorted soon! Making your own stitch markers is a clever idea. I didn't know you can make your own and you can get the materials from craft shops. I hope the weather there has improved, have a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been chilly here this week. I feel bad for the spring breakers. Those stitch markers are a great idea. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing your little basket with eggs! It reminded me to get my little ceramic bunny out for the table! We got some snow and sleet last week - about 4 inches - took awhile to melt because the snow was frozen from the sleet - arghhh!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete