Thursday, March 17, 2016

Spring forward to spring cleaning

The time change has wiped me out!  Today was the first day since Sunday that I haven't taken a little afternoon nap.  The naps haven't bothered me at bedtime.  I have slept wonderful, just not long enough.  I had a bit more energy today so I've been trying to clean up the mess I have made in the basement.
The mess
 All of this stuff was pulled out of the open closet.  Seeing all of it makes me shudder.  Some of this has been in the plastic boxes for almost twenty years.  I want to list some of it for sale on Craig's List, Some of it is for the next charity pick up, and the rest is the kid's school art work or keepsakes I need to sort.   Honestly, it's all too much!  It overwhelms me.  It's in the guest bedroom and I can easily close the door and ignore it.  But I want it dealt with once and for all.  I keep telling people my goal is to have a very minimalistic home by the time my youngest graduates high school.  He will graduate in five and half years.  I don't mind having stuff.  I want to enjoy and use what I have.  I don't want stacks of boxes in basement closets of stuff I don't need.  I've been listening to The Minimalist pod cast, can you tell???

I take most of my pictures with my iPhone.  I have a digital point and shoot camera that I like very much but don't use often.  We do have an older DSLR  type of camera which I have no idea how to use.  I'm finding posting photos here a challenge.  Some of the ones I post I like and others not so much.  I don't know if I should try and use an editing site.  I'm not sure which way to go with taking photos.


I took this picture tonight with my iPhone.  My daughter was given the rose by her soccer coach.  I picked the daffodil from our front flower bed.  I know it would have conveyed a completely different picture if I'd have removed the background clutter.  It's funny sometimes I love seeing a more staged perfect pictures.  They looks so pretty.  Then there are times I also love seeing the clutter of daily life. My life is cluttered.  I want it a little less so.

I'm off to make a granny square.  Thank you for stopping by for a visit, Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I get so critical over some of my pictures. I think that's why I delete stuff from my blog so much. I look at it, think it's not so good and blow it away.

    Sometimes that is okay, but some of those photos I really regret deleting.

    ReplyDelete