Thursday, March 3, 2016

It all started with a library book

I lost my battle against starting a new project.  I'll blame it on the public library, that way I'm not held accountable for my actions.  It's always nice to have a fall guy.  It all started with this stack of innocent books.  The book hiding at the bottom of the pile is where it all began.


Isn't that a lovely scarf on the front cover?  It only takes on skien of yarn.  I have lots of yarn.  I'm sure I can find one skien in my stash that will be perfect.


I've given both of these a try, pretty but not quite the look I want.  The pink is Bernat Satin, color flamingo.  The purple is a few years old and the tag is long gone.


Maybe I need a different pattern, maybe a shawl?  I know just the pattern.  It's in the Love of Crochet magazine, fall 2015.  I happen to have it in the craft room.


Another lovely pattern but my yarn still isn't quite right for this one.  I should look on Ravelry for a pattern. There are so many to choose from there.  Of course I did find one. It's the Crochet Boomerang Scarf by Gail S. Hovanec.


This is the start of the scarf.  The purple yarn is now Caron Simply Soft.  I like the softness of this yarn for the scarf but isn't that purple a little bright?  I wear much more muted colors.  A grey color is what I "Need."  I also need a hair cut.  Luckily for me Joann's is in the same shopping center as the beauty shop.  


I couldn't decide which would be better, the solid or the variegated yarn.  I happen to have two coupons so I got both.  I'm sure one of these will make the perfect grey Boomerang Scarf.



The hair cut didn't turn out too bad either.  I wish I could have the stylist do my hair every morning.  I love the way she does my hair.

So this is how one library book lead through five skeins of yarn and three patterns and me starting a new project with new yarn.  Crazy how I justify things.

We won't talk about granny squares this time.





2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just gotta cast on!!!!

    The haircut looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny where one idea for a project takes you... Just think that you now have two new lovely yarn to add to your stash and you'll have a beautiful scarf out it later on. You can always go back to your granny squares once this latest project is finished or when you want to have a break from it :-) Btw, lovely haircut! X

    ReplyDelete