Sunday, February 28, 2016

Spring decorating

Another week has passed by way to quickly.  Things at work are status quo.  I'm getting used to the idea of what will happen.  So far nothing has been determined with my position.  I will keep shelving those books and doing whatever else needs to be done until told otherwise.

Our weather is in that weird back and forth, one day spring the next back to winter.  I'm not trying to hurry winter away.  I'd rather be cold than hot.  I have been putting out some spring decorations. It's fun to be festive regardless of the weather.  Plastic Easter eggs are such a sign of spring for me. The fond memories of front yard egg hunts. Searching for those bright cheery eggs with a little treat inside, usually jelly beans.


I bought the bunny door decoration at Michael's yesterday.  The tag is still on it because I wanted to see how it looked from the road.  I'm sure my neighbors would be disappointed if they couldn't see it clearly.  I can remove the tag.  It's a keeper.


The hot pink bunny is what I call a sugar free peep.  I made him last year.  The pattern is from Ravelry.  It is by Angie Cruize.  It was very fast and easy to crochet, a lovely pattern.


The chick in the egg is from a pattern by Loops of Lavender.  Mine is made with Sugar and Cream yarn.  It worked up very quickly, another great pattern.


I love the egg cozy chickens.  I bought this pattern from Erin Medley on Ravelry.  It is her Rooster egg cozy.  This pattern is very similar to the one my granny would make.  It is a great pattern but just be aware it fits the small plastic eggs.  I think a Cadbury creme eggs would fit in them nicely.

Other than decorating and the same old household chores I've been reading the book "Craft for the Soul" by Pip Lincolne.


I've read her blog over the years and enjoyed her last books.  Those I've check out of our local library. This book I was interested in owning.  I love books on how to live a more creative life.  I find them very inspiring.  I think this is why I like to read blogs.  I get a glimpse into what others are making and doing.  The problem for me is focus.  Speaking of focus I've made no progress on the granny square blanket.  I have to say "oh well" and try again for this week.

The doily under the book is a free pattern called Passion Flower doily.  It is from www.makemydaycreative.com.   The yarn is from A.C. Moore craft store.  It is a store brand and sadly they don't have it anymore.  I wish they did.  Rainbow colors are a favorite of mine, very happy colors.

I think the cats were trying to hide the eggs for the dog.


Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  I enjoy reading your comments.  I have pleasant week.

Lisa







1 comment:

  1. I have that same ceramic white bunny! Your Easter decor is very cute. The chalk board mug is adorable and you can use that one all year 'round.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete