Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hello Change

Change is inevitable, I know this fact.  There are so many little things that change daily we don't even notice them.  Then there are those things that change and it feels like someone dropped a ton of bricks on your head.  That is what happened to me on Friday.  Big changes will be taking place at my work. It has left me feeling very unsettled and a bit concerned for my position.  I like what I do.  I'm a part-time Library Assistant.  I like the people I work with and where I work.  These facts make changing things all the more difficult.  Learning of the impending shift has made me a little blue or as I like to call it, going into Funktown. It didn't help matters that I killed a squirrel on the way home from work.  I really DO NOT like running over any animal.  This little bugger came out of nowhere. I had no time to brake.  It was an extremely unpleasant event.  I spent most of Saturday in Funktown. We ran a few errands.  I took a nap.  I indulged in M&M's.  We had Mexican food for dinner.  I managed to crochet one granny square.  I didn't do much of anything.

My one little accomplishment for Saturday

Today has been a better day.  The kitchen is sort of clean, that's a good thing.  Laundry is in progress and a few other chores have been finished.  I did take time to organize the granny square yarn.  I'm finding putting together random colors is not so easy.  I tend to pick a lot of the same color combinations.


The basket is full!  The purple colors are underneath the reds and pinks.  Organizing things can be very therapeutic for me.  I hope to have another row of squares sewn together this week.


I did finish an outstanding project this week.  It is one that has easily been in the to finish pile for two years.  I had wanted to have it complete before the holidays, but that didn't happen.  It will be a gift for my oldest sister.  I think I will wait and give it to her in September.  The colors remind me of the fall. It is the South Bay Shawlette by Lion Brand.  The yarn is Deborah Norville Serenity Garden Gems.  I saw this Shawlette on Teresa Kasner's blog.  I'm always inspired by her creations.  




We have another charity pick up coming this week.  I've been gathering more items to send out the door.  I think the charity truck must come monthly.  That helps keep me motivated to keep clearing out the clutter.  I tried listing a few things on Craigslist.  I'm finding no one wants my junk.  I'll list the items a few more times.  If it doesn't sell then it will go in one of the charity pick ups.

Now that I've had a chance to mull over the coming changes I do feel better.  I can't stop what will happen.  I will figure out how to deal with what will come.  There may be another visit to Funktown. But I don't plan on buying any property there.

The fury babies are waiting for me to sit and stitch

Have a lovely week,  Lisa


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the work changes. I hope it all works out in a way you'll like.

    Your sister's shawl is lovely. There are certainly happy colors in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your work changes turn out to be ok for you. I love the shawl you have crocheted, I am sure your sister will be thrilled with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you don't plan to reside in Funktown, but I do understand driving through. I hope the best for you and work, Lisa. And I've gotta say... that shawl is gorgeous. I love the Gems colorway. It's so vivid and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not good with putting random colours together either. I've just noticed that I use dark pink a lot in my crochet projects, particularly when making items for the girls and for our house. Glad to hear you're feeling much better about things. Wishing you all the best in dealing with all these new challenges at work.
    Your sister's shawl is stunning - she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete