Sunday, February 7, 2016

Winter project link party

I'm always a little late to the party.  I started the granny squares an embarrassingly long time ago.  In January I made the decision to try and finish it.  I had high hopes of working on it everyday of the month.  That didn't happen.  However, I am slowly making progress.  I have six complete rows. There are fifteen squares in each row.  It is so satisfying to watch it grow.  My daughter will be 17 in July maybe it will be finished by then.  I'll keep crocheting along.



I finished the heart cross stitch necklace.  It turned out very nice.  I may look for a ribbon to replace the chain.  It was very cold on my neck.


The craft room mess is once again under some amount of control.  I have another pile of things ready to go out the door.  My next area of clutter to tackle will be the guest room closet.  Half of it has stuff I need to decide if it stays or if it goes.  This will be slower and harder.  I'm getting to the kid's school art and family keepsakes.




I have no plan to get rid of all the treasures.  I want them more orderly and less shoved in a corner of the closet.  I think I'll go make some granny squares.  That's an easier task to tackle.

If you have a little extra time - please go to Thistlebear's Link Party!

14 comments:

  1. Making granny squares is more fun than organizing too! Hope you had a great "granny" Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely choose to crochet granny squares over sorting/tidying, much more relaxing and therapuetic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I much prefer to crochet than to tackle clutter, of which I have a lot. A whole lot. :) Great blanket. Good luck with organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granny squares over decluttering: every time. I look forward to seeing your blanket finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore making granny squares and would certainly choose to do that over tidying any day. I look forward to seeing your finished blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, thank you for joining in with my link party. Your granny square blanket is beautiful! I love the way the bright colors look with the white. I can't wait to see more of it. I don't enjoy decluttering either, but it does feel good to have the job done. I love your heart pendant too; I saw a kit for those and was very tempted to get it. Yours is so cute. I hope you're having a good week. Thank you for your comments on my blog; I'm really looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, the blanket will be very nice. So optimistic...
    Good luck,
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute necklace! And your granny square blanket it very pretty in that picture - all folded up. Good for you for finding the motivation to work on it - even it was avoiding another job that did it for you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so attracted to colorful granny squares on white. I love your blanket! One of these days I'm going to make one like it. And, your necklace is super cute. I like the idea of putting a ribbon with it instead of the chain. I have a couple of closets that need decluttering. I tackled one of them yesterday and it felt sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your granny squares and they will be done one day. Love the craft area and the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a granny square blanket too that I started about two years ago and it's still unfinished. Yours is looking much, much better and I really like the colours. The necklace turned out great too. Good job with the craft room. Happy weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. If only we could crochet all day everyday without every having to deal with clutter. I have just started reading Marie kondo's de cluttering book and it is really helpful. In fact I can't wait to start .
    Your squares look lovely .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your granny square blanket will be lovely when it's finished, such happy colours. Good luck with the decluttering, it's an ongoing project here.

    ReplyDelete