Monday, February 15, 2016

A Weekend Finish

It was a lovely weekend, quiet and relaxing.  Most of it was spent snuggled at home in front of the fireplace.  The temperature was down right frigid.  I worked like an obsessed woman on my felt snowmen.  I wanted to finish them.  The stitched snowflakes were a pain.  They took me all of Saturday morning.  I would stitch.  I would pull out the stitches I didn't like. Then it took me forever to rethread the needle with six strands of floss.  I always underestimate the time it takes to finish a project.  But it is finished, not perfect, but finished.  This was a fun project.  I might even do another felt project.  Not anytime soon, it's granny square time.

FINISHED!!!!!

Saturday evening Dan and I  went to dinner at a new to us Tex-Mex restaurant called Chuy's.  It was tasty!  Tex-Mex is my favorite.  Then we made a stop by Barnes and Noble.  I enjoy browsing a book store.  I did come home with the latest issue of Flow magazine.  It's not cheap but it's one of my little splurges.  It's such a pretty magazine.  They also include fun little extras.  This month has 366 mini calendar cards.  I had to think about the 366, leap year.




Valentine's Day was very low key, just the way I like it.  Dan, I, and the kids all exchanged a few small treats.  My youngest -Darren- and I watched the movie "Home."  It was silly.  I love weekends like this, no set plans, a visit to the book store, and crafting - absolutely perfect!


My daughter -Lindsay- made the card to the left.  I think it is wonderful.  That is a picture of me with Lindsay and Darren when they were much younger.  I love that she takes the time to make such a thoughtful gift.  She can sure drive me insane but I wouldn't change any part of her.


Avi and Binxy, they kind of look like a kitty heart :-)

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  I enjoy reading all of your comments.

Have a nice day,  Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Your weekend and all your pretty, fun things sound and look just perfect. And to top it all off with a kitty heart... ;^) Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a pretty perfect weekend. Love the photo of Avi and Binxy. They are too cute!!!!

    Your snowman project is adorable. I see they all have their scarves to keep them toasty warm now. Congrats on such a cute finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do look like hearts :) Yay to finishing your project and I loved your low key weekend with the family. My weekend was similar staying inside where it was warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute snowmen. Low-key is exactly what I like. Nice that your daughter makes handmade just like her mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cute snowmen were worth all the effort, such a lovely project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your felt snowmen are really sweet. I like all the little details especially their scarves. The Valentine's Day card your daughter made is truly delightful. Love that photo, great choice. I'd like to get a copy of that Flow magazine too. Hope they have it at the bookshop in town. Enjoy the rest of your week- and your granny square time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I FINALLY found the FLOW magazine that you have in your post. Now I just need to find the time to sit down and SAVOR it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've either been busy or sleepy. Soccer season starts next week. I should have time to enjoy it while waiting on practice to end.

      Delete