Thursday, February 11, 2016

Easily influenced

I am easily influenced by books and crafts.  I have a list of books a mile long I'd like to read.  I have gotten myself overwhelmed with too many craft projects.  There are so many crafts I'd like to make. I'm trying to work on one big project (granny square blanket) and one small project (any small project around the house that isn't finished.)  This has worked well over the past month.  If I do add a project I try to make it small and quick to finish.  I saw Teresa Kasner post a lacy heart doily on her blog.  It was so pretty!  I knew I had to make one.  This time I handled the urge to start something new a little differently. Before I started making the lacy hearts I set a goal to work a little on current projects.  I made several granny squares and worked on my felt snowmen.  It was good to see some progress before starting something new.  It was also nice to feel a little less guilty about starting a new project.

Two snowmen have scarves


The lacy hearts pattern is by Crochet Milan. Teresa's blog is Teresakasner

I made my Lacy Hearts with Hobby Lobby's Love This Cotton.  It's bulkier than I wanted but it's what was in the craft room.  I may look for a less bulky yarn.  

It's suppose to be frigid in Northern Virginia this weekend.  My plan is to add the scarves to the other snowmen, make granny squares, and maybe make another Lacy Heart.  

Thank you for stopping by for a visit,  Lisa 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure those snowmen will appreciate having their scarves!!! They make me smile every time you post them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just the same, too many books I want to read and too many things I want to crochet and cross stitch. I only have to browse the internet to find something else that I really must make. Cannot wait to see your snowmen with their scarves. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart doily is sweet and the snowmen are cute. I also have piles of magazines and craft books and there are a million projects I want to make. But I'm determined to finish my crochet blanket before winter ends. I've never finished a crochet blanket before and I want to get at least one done :-)

    ReplyDelete