Thursday, February 4, 2016

Will I every learn not to rush?

The morning got of to a busy but productive start.  I did a few chores before the kids headed off to school.  I dropped off one kid at school, got gas, and made a very quick trip to Target.  Once home I worked in the craft room.  Progress is taking place, no pictures but it is looking better.  I will try to finish on Saturday afternoon.

Our local sewing store posted a cute cross stitch necklace on Instagram.  I thought they would be a perfect addition to the Valentine's Day package for my sisters.  I bought one for each sister and of course one for me. They are too cute.  I knew if I didn't get one for myself there'd be a second trip to the store in the near future.

This is my necklace and Starry Flower coaster.  I have mailed the ones to my sisters.  

I thought I'd relax and stitch my necklace.  I could show it to the sisters once they received their package.  I was stitching away and almost finished when I noticed mine look a little different from the one in the picture.  Sometimes I'm not so good at reading the instructions.  This time I did read them. There weren't a lot.  In my haste to finish quickly I didn't pay close enough attention to what I was doing.  I stitched too close to the edge and the spacing was off.  It took me almost as long to remove the stitches as it did for me to put them there.  At least I was to be careful not to gouge the wood.  I'm just a little frustrated with myself.  I will go back and restitch and that's ok.  I'd rather have it like I want it.

Thank you to everyone who stops by to visit.  I very much enjoy the comments.

5 comments:

  1. The Starry Flower coaster is beautiful!

    I saw those necklaces at our Joanns. The had several that were cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent seen anything like that in the UK. It is frustrating when you make a tiny error that takes ages to sort out isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the stitching error. Hope it's all sorted now. I've seen cross stitch kits similar to that in Etsy but not in any local craft stores. They're lovely and make great Valentine's gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn! Usually happens to me when I am crafting at night and should really go to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete