Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Winter Project Link Party

There has been little progress made on the granny square blanket, a slight hiatus.  I haven't been very motivated to work on it.  I did get a bit sidetracked with the boomerang scarf. However, some of the problem was I wasn't pleased with the squares for the next row. After laying the squares on the floor I realized I needed more color combinations to choose from.  I am happy to report since Sunday I have been back to stitching away at granny squares.



   
Avi being helpful.  She agrees I need to make more granny squares for this row.

I know it won't be finished by the end of winter. It was 70 degrees here today and the daffodils are almost blooming. Winter already seems long gone.  I'm sure I will have my moments of granny squares progress as well as those times when I fight the urge to start ten new projects.  I've made more headway on this blanket in the past two months than I have in the past two years.  I'm not going to put a timeframe on when it will be finished. I'm just going to keep working on it.  


The boomerang scarf is working up nicely.  I like having a project that doesn't require too much thought.  Somedays after work my mind is a little blurry but I still want to stitch. This scarf is perfect for those times.


4 comments:

  1. I love seeing all those bright colors of granny squares. When I was a kid I think everyone had a granny square afghan. Sometimes it was even made by their granny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, thanks for joining up. Your granny squares look beautiful! I love bright squares edged in white. That scarf is looking lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete