Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Yarn-A-Long

My older sister would like to own a few chickens.  Actually she would enjoy a small homestead. However, she currently lives in town.  So she is starting small, growing beautiful flowers, cultivating her backyard bird population, and starting to compost.  I'm sure she will add a few vegetable to her garden as well.  Since I can't supply live chickens for her I thought I would crochet her a few chicken pot holders for her upcoming birthday.




It was Sunday when I decided to make a chicken.  Of course in all the yarn I own there was not one skein of rust red cotton to be found in my stash.  I didn't want to wait so I used yellow.  I wanted to see how well I understood the pattern.  The pattern is great, very easy to read.  After a trip to Hobby Lobby Monday evening I now can make her a red, white, and maybe a multi color chicken.  She may end up with a whole flock.  The smiley face bag is a reusable bag I picked up at Michael's.  It will be her gift bag.  I'll see what other goodies I can gather for her.



The chicken pattern is in the Ultimate Book of Pot Holders.  There are more potholders in this book I'd like to make.  My list of things I'd like to make is ever growing.  I've been reading "The More of Less."  It is a very quick read.  With all my clearing out clutter this book is definitely helping me stay motivated.

Now to decide if I will crochet chickens or clear clutter??  I'm leaning toward growing the flock.













5 comments:

  1. Well .......crocheting the chickens actually helps to clear out the clutter, right??? So, crocheting is a win/win.

    Your chicken is adorable. :-) Your sister will just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting my turn for The More of Less at our library, and I have no idea where I am in the queue. Meanwhile I found The Joy of Less so I'm biding my time with that one - trying to get some motivation to get rid of some stuff. I LOVE the chicken!!!! I think the color is perfect. What a fun gift that (or the flock) will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those chickens ... and definitely would choose crochet over clutter clearing. Looks like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest chicken potholder! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are so easy. I'm on my third one. I'm happy you stopped by for a visit.

      Delete