Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

I've enjoyed a very nice, relaxing day.  After a week of almost constant rain the sun has been shining.  The most exerting task today was using the leaf blower to remove the sand, artificial turf, and general crud out of the garage.  That was accomplished first thing this morning so the rest of the day has been all about crochet.



The boomerang scarf has been the project of choice for the weekend.  I love this pattern.  It's easy but the results are beautiful.  I can't wait to make another one.  The next one will be in a less striping yarn. I think a tweed look would be pretty or even a solid.  The pattern can be found on Ravelry.  It is call The Boomerang for Hookers by Gail Hovanec



The back of the scarf is more like a shawl.  I like that it's asymmetrical.  It should keep my neck toasty for the cool weather.

I made a mandala/coster for our kitchen table.  The pattern is by Lisa Clarke at Polka Dot Cottage. I now need to make at least three more for the rest of the family.

It matches the placemat perfect!

coffee cup matches too : )
Now for random picture from my day.


The cats are having a stare down with a squirrel.  They sat like that for over five minutes.  If you zoom in on the corner of the fence there is another squirrel.  These two squirrels often run on top of our fence.  Actually, they run all over the trees, house, fence and deck.


Avi and her own personal safari.  The violet offers a great disguise for bird watching.


A Mother's Day rose my son gave me. Based on the number of pictures of the coaster it is safe to say I really like it.


A slightly horrible picture of me.  I have one side of my hair pulled back because it was in my eyes when we were working in the garage.  It's me and that's life.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Have a lovely week.  Lisa
























5 comments:

  1. Lovely shawl and coaster, which does match your placemat perfectly. So fun seeing kitties enjoying the wildlife right outside their window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giroux loves to stare down the squirrels too.

    Adorable coaster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a terrific picture of you, Lisa - the hair pulled to the side looks very chic. :^) Pretty shawl, and the coaster is so cute! So bright and summery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki! I'm always so critical of my own picture. It's probably from all those years of seeing what the media says is a beautiful woman. I'm happy that the older I get the more I like me, flaws and all.
      No airbrushing here. Ha ha

      Delete
  4. I think that's a terrific picture of you, Lisa - the hair pulled to the side looks very chic. :^) Pretty shawl, and the coaster is so cute! So bright and summery.

    ReplyDelete