Monday, May 30, 2016

Mad dash toward summer

The end of the school year feels like such a mad race to the finish line.  Projects due, concerts, tests, soccer, and the excitement of the up coming summer chase us to that finish line.   My kiddos have two more weeks of school and it will be jammed packed.  The school I work for had graduation on Friday.  It's always bittersweet, the end yet the beginning.  I have one more week before I go to my summer schedule.  During the summer I work one day a week or more if needed.  I'm ready for a slower pace.  I say that but I'm already making my list of all the things I want to do this summer.  I just can't help myself.


I have finished my sister's chickens.  I ended up not using the variegated yarn.  Three chickens is more than enough.  If she does want more I'm very happy to oblige.  They were very fun and easy to make.



One of the things I'd like to do this summer is work with posting better photos.  I have lots I'd like to do with my camera and photos.  We have pictures that need to be put into albums and ones that need to be digitalized.  This project alone could take up all of summer.  But of course I have crafty projects on the list and house ones too - continue to declutter.  The one thing we have hired out is the yard clean-up.  Right now our flower beds are more weeds than flowers.

This was a very low photo week for me.  I take way too many photos of our pets.  My sisters and I text silly pictures of our animals to each other almost daily.

Bru and Binxy reluctantly sharing a bed




Avi sleeping on my chair while I work on the granny square blanket.  I have started working on this again.  I'm not going to set any deadlines for a finish.  I will work on it as the motivation strikes me.


I made a red, white, and blue Starflower mandala on Friday.  It turned out very well and so patriotic!



I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Memorial Day.   A heartfelt Thank You to all who have served our country.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit and have lovely week.








2 comments:

  1. Your sister is just going to adore those chickens! So cute.

    Your red/white/blue mandala turned out lovely. Cute with the patriotic wrapped candies.

    Have a peaceful and introspective Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those chicken coasters. Just too cute. I need to get tons of photos off my current phone so that I can free up space to back it up so I can switch to my new phone that I've had for months. Ugh! Also have an old laptop that I need to transfer photos from and then I need to delete all the photos I don't need. Such a process. Wouldn't be such a problem if I was more organized. The mandala turned out great. And nothing wrong with taking too many pet pictures :) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete