Thursday, January 21, 2016

Careful what you wish for and smile_bam

So they say snow is eminent, that is is coming in great quantities.  I think we are ready, as ready as we can be.  The hope is that we don't lose power.  That would not be fun.  We have our shovels and snow boots ready.  We have coffee and chocolate.  The schools have already announced they will be closed.  Now we wait.

provisions for the blizzard

I have my craft projects ready for the blizzard.  Of course I will be crocheting granny squares and maybe a few other things.  My sisters enjoy working with wool felt.  They sent me a kit for my birthday last year.  I cut it out and stitched a little but never finished it. It's a nice break from the granny squares and the snowmen couldn't be more perfect.  I like working on it.  I definitely need the practice on my blanket stitch.



Before I craft I must clear off the dining room table.  It is a vicious cycle.  It starts small with one item.  Then before I know it I have a pile.  It's all me, you'd think I would learn, but I never do.  



My Instagram name is smile_bam.  The bam is for the first letter in the names of our pets, Binxy, Avi, and Mario. We didn't have Bru and I forgot to include Hermie, the hermit crab.   Mario the guinea pig had to be euthanized yesterday.  He was a geriatric pig.  He lived a full and I hope happy life.  He was the sweetest pig.  We adopted him shortly after our very much loved cat died.  The kids were young but old enough for the responsibility of a pet.  He was the perfect pet.  My daughter did a wonderful job taking care of him.  I didn't expect him to have such a sweet personality.  It was truly amazing to have him in our home.  He was loved and he will be missed.

Mario


I hope everyone in the blizzard zone stays safe and warm!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Mario. I have a special place in my heart for the piggies. We had several. They were so sweet and amusing.

    Stay safe, warm and dry .......staying in and crafting sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I never thought I would become so attached to a piggie. He was such a cutie. The snow has started to fall. I am ready to hunker down and make granny squares.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about Mario, pets become so much part of your life don't they. It sounds as if you won't be bored when the blizzard arrives with all your crafting plans. I was looking forward to a few snow days where I had an excuse to hunker down with my crochet but the milder weather has hit us again now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, pets do become so much a part of our lives, a very good part. After lunch I'm going to go make some granny squares.

      Delete