Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello 2016

I'm not a big party goer.  Our New Year's Eve was just the way I like it - low key.  We went to a local pizza parlor and then to the movie "Concussion."  I really enjoyed the movie. After the movie we came home, walked the dog, and put on our P.J.'s.  We watched the ball drop and then off to bed.  I know we are the den of excitement.

Saturday was granny square day.  I stitched the white boarder around some of the finished squares.  I made more squares.  It was so nice to have a crochet day.  I listened to a podcast and watched the movie "Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl."  I had read the book.  Both movie and book were fine. There were parts of the movie I thought were better than the book.
This may take longer than the month of January 

Where I spent most of Saturday

I will be working with my camera this week.  The above photos are not the best.

We made a quick trip to Ikea today.  I've been changing a once playroom back into a guest bedroom. I wanted to check out the futons/full size beds.  My daughter asked for a new nightstand.  My husband wanted to look at storage baskets.  He has been cleaning up his office.  He works from home.  Before the holidays it looked like he worked in a storage unit.  It is looking like an office again.



Avi approves of the storage baskets

I didn't find a bed but I have a few ideas.  We are in no hurry.  I have some time to pick what will go in that room.

Tomorrow is back to the normal routine.  Work, school, music lessons, basketball, doctor appointments are all on the calendar for next week.  Tonight I am going to make sure we are ready for tomorrow.  I will find a few minutes to make a granny square or two.

My big purchase from Ikea.  They are rather yummy!



Have a happy beginning of your week.

2 comments:

  1. Avi is beautiful!!!

    I think after all the holiday hub-bub we will all be ready to get back on a normal schedule! Holidays are fun, but I love my set routine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first day back is always the hardest for us. Once we make it through tomorrow we'll be back in the groove.

      Delete