Sunday, January 17, 2016

From single parent week to relaxing weekend

What a Week!  I can say I do not like being a single parent.  It didn't help matter knowing that my husband was in sunny tropical Maui.  It was for business but still it was Hawaii.  I wasn't as grumpy about the situation as you might think.  We had talked about me going with him and even had my airline ticket.  I was the one who decided not to go.  The kids are in school and with sports, and tests, and countless other things it made more sense for me to stay home.  We have been to Hawaii as a couple and once with the kids.  That made the decision easier.  It is such a beautiful state.  I have hopes to visit again one day.


Where I was not : (

Avi warming her toes on the heat vent, so not Hawaii!

I spent the week constantly thinking about the next thing that needed to be done.  That is not a fun way to live. By Friday I was exhausted.  Dan returned on Saturday morning.  Lucky for me he took charge of the few sports obligations. Past that we did nothing.  Well, not exactly nothing, I crocheted and of course laundry.  It was wonderful to sit and relax and crochet.  The granny squares are coming along nicely.



I did get a souvenir from Hawaii.  Dan brought me two Starbucks mugs.  He tries to get one of these style mugs from the different places he travels.  They are pretty.  I don't know what we will do when he slowly makes his way to all fifty states.  Of course not all the states have a mug.  Arkansas does not have one and I am very disappointed in Starbucks about this fact.



I am off to crochet a few more granny squares before the weekend is finished.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't get to visit Hawaii but as you say at least it was your decision. It is exhausting though when everything falls on your shoulders but glad you had a relaxing weekend, Your granny squares are looking great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is wrong with having 50 mugs?? well I'm glad you made a decision you were happy with. I'm not much of a traveler so staying at home is my knee jerk reaction all the time :)

    ReplyDelete