Thursday, January 14, 2016

Typical Thursday

It's another typical Thursday.  Get up, rouse Miss 16 awake.  She had to be up early to go help at a local elementary school.   While waiting on her to get ready I do my usual pick up of the kitchen, feed animals, and drink that wonderful first cup of coffee.  Wake up Mr. 13 before leaving for elementary school.  Luckily she can walk to her school once her volunteer time is complete.  Take Mr. 13 to school, grab a breakfast sandwich from Roy Rogers, and head home.  Now the fun begins. I want to finish my chores so I can spend the afternoon crocheting granny squares.

Chore number one
I have started to gather another pile of things that can leave the house.  We will have a charity pick up next week.  I will sort through this stuff to see what might can be donated.  


Chore number two, appointments
It is hard to schedule doctor appointments when someone sits on the needed forms.


She was patient.  She got what she wanted, my lap.  She is nice and toasty.  I won't bore you with anymore of the chores list (more laundry.)  Crafty things are so much more exciting. 


I haven't worked on the granny squares since the weekend.  I could list a million excuses but I won't. I did get a little sidetracked with some pretty Valentine's Day colors of yarn.


These are some Sugar and Cream brand cottons.  I love Valentine's colors.  I wanted to make something quick and fun.  One of my favorite patterns is The Starry Flower Coaster by The Lazy Hobby Hopper.  The pattern can be found on ravelry.  



I have made this coaster in fall and Christmas colors.  The plan is to make one for each of my sisters and mail it to the for Valentine's Day.  It's a quick pattern to work.  I should be able to get them mailed on time.  

I am off to find my basket of granny squares.  I'll hopefully have a progress picture to post this weekend, if I don't get sidetracked.  

5 comments:

  1. How lovely is your Valentine inspired coaster, I am sure your sisters will love them. I hope you managed to make progress on the Granny squares, Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan. I didn't get to stitch as much today as I had hoped. I have big plans to work on it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute coaster ---- that's the kind of pattern that would look good in a whole bunch of different color schemes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun pattern. I'm so tired tonight. I can't even focus to crochet a coaster.

      Delete
  4. I've used that pattern many times. Yours is very colorful and pretty. I have much purging and organizing to do. ugh! Takes so much time to sort everything out.

    ReplyDelete