Thursday, January 7, 2016

Snow???

We have had no snow this season.  I have yet to see one flake.  The kids are a little snow hungry.  They crave that sweet surprise of waking up to no school.  After putting away the Christmas decorations I left out a few wintery reminders.  I say reminders because it was such a warm December.  I think I've unknowingly made a snow alter!  Maybe if I add a few ice cubes to the snowman plate and burn a candle the snow gods will smile on us.  A manageable amount of powder would be fun at least once this winter.



My sister sent me some lovely paper snowflakes she made.  I think she was inspired by the December Martha Stewart magazine.  They are a perfect greeting for our entry.


I'm sure drinking coffee from my snowflake mug will bring on the blizzard.  Well maybe not a blizzard.


I'm still posting pictures from my iphone.  I did check out two books from the library about digital photography.  There is one more I have requested.   I know once I've read through them we will see a vast improvement.  The funny thing is I have a Bachelors of Arts and my major field of study was photography.  That was 20 some years ago.  Digital wasn't an option at that time.  Yes, the snowman blanket was purposely used as a backdrop.  Too perfect for today's theme :-)


Well I'm off to read some books or maybe crochet a snowflake.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...methinks you want some SNOW!!!! Can't help you on the snow thing ... all we have is a cold rain today.

    As for your comment on my blog: I too would give up my 20 year old body for my 20 year old eyesight. I started wearing glasses at 21, but I could still see needlework with NO problem.

    But, that's not the hand we're given....so I'll just be happy that even though it's a little harder, I can still stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful every time I put on my glasses. I can see and that is wonderful. Still no snow but that's ok too. I'll put on my bikini and sunbath. Just kidding! It's still chilly and rainy, plus me in a bikini is not the best idea. I'll keep working on granny squares and be very happy with all that I have :-)

      Delete
  2. Surely at some point you'll get some snow. I love the paper snowflakes in the windows. So pretty! And your mug is nice, too. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to have one cozy day at home but if not that's just fine. Snow can bring its own set of issues. If I get to missing the snow too terribly I'll crochet a few snowflakes. It's been mostly granny squares today. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa, just found your blog thanks to you leaving a message on mine. I must admit to wanting some snow, it doesn't seem like winter unless we see a bit of white stuff. It has been incredibly mild here so far this winter but snow is forecast during the next week but whether it will reach us in Southern England I don't know. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a little snow, enough to enjoy but not so much it causes any issues. Can't wait to see what other lovely things you crochet. Lisa

    ReplyDelete