Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas time fun

What a flurry of activities this past week has been.  There was cooking, baking, wrapping, cleaning, and too many dishes that needed to be washed!  We had to make a few trips here and there for last minute items, some gift related, some needed for the kitchen projects.  I got a much needed hair cut and stopped by Hobby Lobby.  It was just to look, I didn't need anything.  We live in the city limits and running out for this or that is a little too easy.

Having yummies to eat makes doing dishes not such a terrible chore.




We started a puzzle.  I love working on a puzzle.  We did a similar one last year.  That one has candy wrappers.  I glued it together and the hope is to use it for art work on the basement walls.  No, it is not hung up yet.  I will probably glue this one together as well.  I may look at Amazon to see if they have any other versions.  I get a touch obsessive at times with things I like.


The puzzle table is a small dinette table.  I set up a T.V. tray to add some extra space.  There are so many pieces that look the same.  The word Hostess appears on almost all of the cake/treat wrappers.


My mother-in-law, Dee - and I.  My arms weren't long enough to get the puzzle in the picture.  I can see how a selfie stick could be useful.



Christmas morning prior to kids coming downstairs.  The kids are thirteen and sixteen.  I guess the years of 6:00am or earlier Christmas morning wake up calls are gone.  It was nice to have the extra snooze time.



The aftermath!



We are having such a nice break.  It feels good to have the family around.  We have good food to eat and fun things to do.  I hope everyone else is have a wonderful holiday season.  I'm off to finish that puzzle.

8 comments:

  1. We did the candy wrapper puzzle last year too. This is the first year in a long time that we did not do a holiday puzzle. I guess time just got away from us.

    Have fun with your Hostess puzzle! It is going to be cute when it is done. (But, it might make you hungry for a Twinkie!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This puzzle has been a little more challenging than the candy wrappers but it's still fun. So far no Twinkie craving :-)

      Delete
  2. My DIL got a puzzle for xmas.. I like doing them so might try to help. What part of the world do you live in? Enjoy this week.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you'll post a picture of the puzzle. We live in Leesburg, Virginia. It's not too far from Washington D.C.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmastime Lisa.
    We are big puzzle fans here too. I have several just waiting for attention. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to work one of them. I may see if we can start a new one on New Year's Eve, wild and crazy times at our house!

      Delete
  4. hello to your m in law!! lovely photos of the two of you. My family planned an 8 a.m. wake up on Christmas day to open gifts, I was impressed they stuck with it. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. That's too fun about your 8 a.m. wake up time. My sixteen year old daughter tries to sleep as long as she can, or I'll let her. Her little brother did manage to get her up before 9 a.m. Hope you have a nice New Year's Eve.

      Delete