Sunday, December 20, 2015

The weekend before Christmas

I love this time of year.  The hustle and bustle of getting things ready.   My mother-in-law arrives tonight.  The guest room is ready.  She is a very easy going lady.  Even if the guest room was a total disaster she wouldn't bat an eye at it.  I am so fortunate to have her as my mother-in-law.  If anything I think my Type A tendencies might drive her a touch batty.  She is kind enough not to say a thing to me.

My husband's birthday was Friday.  We ended up celebrating on Saturday.  We went to see the new Star Wars movie.  The new characters were interesting.  The family really enjoyed the movie.  I thought it was entertaining.


We saw Yoda on the way home from the movie.  I thought he was cute.  There's nothing like Santa Yoda to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Today was a whirlwind of activities.  I cleaned up the two small storage closets in the basement, attempted to finish laundry, and picked up my craft room.  My craft room can be a dumping room.  I have to constantly stay on top of that room.  Really, I have to constantly stay on top of every room in the house!  I've wrapped some gifts.  It's not that there are so many.  Rather than do them all at once I wrap a few at a time.   I've started the Christmas dinner grocery list.  I think will make Tuesday morning the big grocery shopping day.  We need to bake our cookies.  There are still many things to do but I don't feel like it's crazy.  The plan for tonight is to relax, crochet a snowflake, and watch "The Librarian."

If I don't fall asleep first :-)


 
There's nothing like a tidy space to inspire me to craft.




7 comments:

  1. Yoda was always my favorite character. Love the Yoda Santa. It far outweighs the Santa Homer Simpson that is next door to me. One year Homer was out there until EASTER!

    Enjoy the visit with you Mother-In-Love ----she sounds like a wonderful lady. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My! Till Easter! That would have driven my husband crazy. I guess Homer was waiting to see the Easter Bunny :-)
      Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. golly you are getting lots and lots done! Happy birthday to your husband :) I hope you have fun with your family during the holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The major clean up has been completed, at least for the next two weeks. It's cookie making, puzzle working, and movie watching time! For me maybe a good book and some crochet. We're a wild bunch :-)

      Delete
  3. I like how calm you're taking the holidays.. me too. It doesn't pay to get over-stressed! We have to go out one last time today.. then bring it on!
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a crafty space. Actually, I need to organize my crafty stuff and then I might have more space. I always have a big mess around me. Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big messes can be fun, lots of creating! I promise my crafty space will look very different once I start the next project. Have a very Happy Holiday. I can't wait to see more of your lovely creations.

      Delete