Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Yarn Along - my first

This is my first attempt to link my blog to Ginny's Yarn Along.  Snowflakes are all I have made in the last few days.  These need to be blocked.  I've been thinking I'll try some with thread instead of the cotton yarn.  I like the chunky look of the cotton.  I'll see how I feel when I sit to stitch.




I started this book in the summer.  It was a book I picked up at our library's huge book sale.  It's ok.  I put it down at the end of summer and read other things.  Now I want to finish it to see how it ends.  I read right before I go to sleep.  Some nights I barely make a page before my eyes close. 



After reading my last post I feel like I should make a few clarifications.  I think I came across as having everything perfect.  What I meant was I've come to terms with the with being a 47 year old woman who has had two children.  My weight and exercise are in a good place.  Could I improve on them, absolutely!  Trust me, no one wants to see me in a bikini!!  I like to walk our dog but could not run a marathon, ever!  Sometimes my small portions of candy are larger than others.  I do NOT live in a minimalistic house.  I have less things than I did two years ago.  I still like to buy things.  Books and magazines are my downfall.  I bought the Star Wars craft book at Barnes and Noble yesterday. Did I need it?? No!  I found it funny and it came home with me.  Will I keep it forever, maybe!


I'm still thinking about a resolution/un-resolution, daily practice.  I think I might try something on a monthly basis.  I still have one more day to decide.

5 comments:

  1. Star Wars craft book sounds ace! The snowflakes look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I ever get some of my current projects complete maybe I'll make something from Star Wars.

      Delete
  2. Pretty snowflakes. I always use thick cotton. Tiny thread and hook just don't work right for me. :) And I never block anything. I'm a lazy crafter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't had much success with size 10 thread. I like the size 3. I usually never block anything either. I actually might try blocking, maybe they won't curl so much. I wouldn't say lazy, ready to move on to the next thing :-)

      Delete