Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Weekend

Friday I was able to leave work a little early to meet a friend at a local Arts and Craft show.  We had a lovely time.  I was losing my battle with a four day headache but it was still fun.  My hope was to find a few gifts, as typical, I walked away with a few things for myself.   No larger purchases, I bought a pottery cup egg separator and microwave egg cooker and homemade marshmallows.  The egg cooker works very well.  The separator works ok.  The cup isn't deep enough.  The white part of the egg oozed out onto the counter.  Next time I will put it in a bowl.  We haven't tried the marshmallows.  My daughter and husband were away all weekend at a soccer tournament.



I couldn't resist adding this picture.  Binxy is about to yawn.


She is not amused with me laughing at her.

My son had a basketball game on Saturday.  Basketball is an extremely stressful game for me to watch.  I sit in the bleacher with a strange grimace on my face.  Even when his team is ahead I know at any moment the score can change.  The score did change.  His team lost their first game of the season.  That's sports!

The rest of the weekend was very calm.  I managed to get a few gifts wrapped.  The box to my family in Arkansas must be mailed this week.  The weather was so pleasant.  I sat on the deck and crocheted. This time of year is always so busy.  I enjoyed relaxing and taking advantage of the unseasonably warm weather.


Bru and I making the most of a mild December day.




6 comments:

  1. Sorry about your headache, but love that you made it to the craft fair, love our treasures .
    I went to high school in Northern VA, Fairfax, and still have two sisters up there.
    Love your cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first comment! I'm so excited!! Thank you. It took me a while to link my blogger profile to others comments. I did have to ask my husband for a little help. I'm trying to learn blogging on my own. We are in Leesburg.

      Delete
  2. Hooray! I still remember the first comment I received, this means we are now long time friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he he, perfect! Your pictures are so lovely. It is fun to see a tiny glimps into someone's daily life.

      Delete
  3. Bummer about the headache but I hope it's gone by now!! My son helped me with my computer skills way back when and he was 14-15 at the time, so so so patient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, finally the headache is gone! I feel so behind with technology. I really have let the experts of the house (dear husband, sweet daughter, and awesome son) do way too much for me. It's so easy when they can fix things in a fraction of the time it takes me. That's okay though, better learn now than never!

      Delete